Vision Writing Policy Guidelines
Vision Writing is about encouraging and motivating its visitors to write. Vision Writing is not a professional writing website or service, but not a chaotic free-for-all either. Every effort to exemplify a general degree of standard business professionalism and civil decorum is important. As such, some ground rules are in place to prevent discouragement of others from expressing themselves through writing comments and possibly articles, stories, poems and other writings.
As a small start-up blog website, these guidelines are dynamic and subject to change without notice.
Vision Writing will not share your personal information (i.e. age, gender, emails) with third-parties. However, Vision Writing does reserve the right to collect, manipulate and store your emails and other information for anonymous site statistics and site maintenance. Vision Writing is not responsible for the republishing of the content found on this blog on other websites or media without permission.
Overall, the golden rule applies here. Don’t steal someone’s work unless you expect someone to steal your work… without giving credit where credit is due.
I do not mind people redistributing articles, images, videos, comments or other posts off Vision Writing. If manually copied, it would be nice if some credit were given – even if you only copy a portion of the article or writing or concept. If someone decides to steal anything from Vision Writing and claim it as their own, then, that’s a problem.
Considering the above, if you (as a registered subscriber or member) write an article or post an image on Vision Writing.com, do not expect the work to remain totally secure from copy write infringement. The copyright is ultimately your responsibility.
This copyright policy is dynamic and subject to change without notice.
By posting, submitting or uploading at the Vision Writing Blog Website, you agree to the following:
- The First Amendment guarantees you the right to express your opinions — just remember free-speech does not mean you are free to make rude or lude comments or post off-color materials
- It is possible to comment without registering, but you must register and log-in to upload posts, including poetry, articles, stories and other media types.
- You might disagree with posted materials or comments and might feel the urge to reply. Please do so in a way that is respectful and polite. There are way too many incorrigible and negative comments in real-life and online.
- Your comments may get deleted if you post something that is off-topic, abusive, harassing, threatening, profane, pornographic, false, and misleading; or that otherwise violates or encourages others to violate a conservative sense of decorum, civility, law, or intellectual property law.
- In comments and any other writing posted here, please use THEN and THAN correctly. There is a clear difference between the two. First-grade stuff. Yeah, this is my little pet peeve, but I have seen it way too many times.
- Spam… if articles or comments look or feel like spam or an unapproved product promotion, then it will get deleted including links that lead to another “spam oriented” websites.
- Image links or regular links that let you or another member receive any commission, or monetary gain is not allowed. However, with prior approval, there might be exceptions — this applies to articles, comments, and any image uploads.
- Keep in mind that Vision Writing is a small start-up blog website funded and created by my family and me. As such, I reserve the right to publish or not publish your uploaded materials. I also reserve the right to delete them without explanation or notice, whether you are a subscriber; registered member or not.
- You retain ownership of your uploaded posts, including poetry, articles, stories and other media types. I do not own them and disclaim any and all liability that may result from them. By commenting, submitting and uploading anything onto my site, you agree that you assume all responsibility and ownership rights in what you display here. In essence, this relieves me from any and all liability that may result from those postings.
- You grant me a license to post your comments and submitted articles, videos, and other uploaded presentations. This license is worldwide, irrevocable, non-exclusive and royalty-free. You grant me the right to store, reuse, display, publish, reproduce, and distribute your comments in any format such as other websites, blogs, etc.
This general policy is dynamic and subject to change at any time without notice.
There are some instances where editing or deleting comments may occur:
- Comments deemed as spam or questionable spam, commercial or promotional (links to relevant content or posted topics are not included)
- Comments including profanity
- Comments containing language or concepts that seem offensive
- Comments that attack a person’s individually
- Comments that are negative political attacks (comments, not just articles)
- Comments that are negative about any of the Christians, Jews or Israel
- Comments that are considered attacks on an individual’s (or group’s) education, race or ethnic background
- Comments that have nothing to do with the discussion’s subject or topic.
As stated in the general section, your comments may get deleted if you post something that is off-topic, defamatory, abusive, harassing, threatening, profane, pornographic, offensive, false, misleading; or which otherwise violates or outwardly encourages others to violate a rather conservative sense of decorum and civility or any law, including intellectual property laws. The owner of this blog reserves the right to edit or delete any posts, including comments, submitted to this blog with or without notification.